Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Stella's Garden Themed Nursery

When choosing a theme for Stella's nursery I went no further than the meaning of her name. When Trevor and I were dating we would play around with baby names, and ask each other what names we liked. My two favorite names for a girl were narrowed down to Stella & Chloe. (Yes, both fashion names, and both chic!) Stella McCartney is my absolute favorite designer. For those of you who have been living under a rock, she is Paul McCartney's daughter, and a very successful designer based out of London. She is known for being eco-friendly, and many of her designs are inspired by her English Garden that her & her husband created together with dusty pastels, crisp white florals, and greenery to die for.I later found out that Trevor's grandmother on his mom's side was named Stella. Although Trevor nor myself never met her, as she passed away many years ago, she is described as a beautiful and loving woman who had a free spirit, and loved her family more than anything. This made choosing a name for our daughter very easy.... Stella it was. 

It was very important to me that that Stella also had a family name from my side, so her middle name is Rose, named after my beautiful Grandma Rose. My Grandma Rose was a gorgeous woman who died her hair red (think Lucille Ball), and lived in a Pink house. Her favorite color was pink, she decorated her home with roses and crystal, and she lived for fashion. My Granmda took care of me and all my cousins every day after school until I was 10, when she passed away. I looked up to my Grandma so much! She was a girly girl in every sense who collected designer fashion (think vintage Halston), wore pearls and heels every day, and was never caught without a full face of makeup and beautiful red curls. Rose is an extremely special family name that I am happy to give to Stella.

So back to Stella Rose's nursery. With the inspiration from her name, I decided on a Pink Garden themed nursery. When I think of a garden, I think of flowers, birds, and butterflies, so this is what we filled her nursery with. Trevor is very handy, and painted her nursery a beautiful pastel pink called "pink cadillac". He painted all the baseboards a crisp white, and hung all her art pieces. We went with crisp white furniture from Pottery Barn Kids to keep the room soft. After months of studying, shopping, and putting together our ideas her dream nursery came to life. 







 

 
 


 




























No comments:

Post a Comment